Christian Science and Its Relation to the Bible
Upgrade My Account Join Biblos Log in
Welcome to Biblos Foundation’s Online eCourse
Welcome to our private classroom! In this intensive, self-study, 4-week, online course, with Kristy L. Christian, we look closely at biblical terms which have a direct relationship with Christian Science and its Discoverer, Founder, and Leader – Mary Baker Eddy. We will ask: Can this kind of research enhance our own understanding of Christian Science and our sharing of it with others? We will also discuss how this type of study can help us handle the misconceptions surrounding Christian Science which claim that our religion is not biblically based.
Watch the free introductory video below:
To accompany your course work, we offer a Study Edition:
What to expect from this eCourse:
Any questions at all, feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org – and please make sure that this email is listed as a contact in your email system so that “reply responses” do not go into a spam folder.
- This course is self-study. You can study at your own pace.
- We will start with a discussion of what was happening in 19th-century New England and discover the type of reception Mrs. Eddy and Christian Science were having at that time.
- We will review Mrs. Eddy’s childhood experience in relation to Bible study.
- We will explore Mrs. Eddy’s statements about the importance of the Bible in relation to Christian Science.
- And finally, there will be a discussion of biblical terms in order to see their relation to Christian Science and its Discoverer, Founder, and Leader.
Here is an outline of what this course offers:
• The course material is organized into four weeks, and each week is listed: “Week 1,” “Week 2,” and so forth.
- Each week has 3-4 talks by Kristy (each between 15-30 minutes in length).
- In addition to the talks, each week will have corresponding “Study Questions.”
- Under “Articles,” we have provided related articles from The Christian Science Journaland Christian Science Sentinel, specifically geared towards enhancing this course.
- It is important to remember that even though this is a self-study course, Kristy is more than happy to answer questions, so please feel free to email her: email@example.com call her to discuss your questions: toll-free 888-524-2567 or 636-220-4380.
One final request: Please refrain from sharing our course with others who do not subscribe to Biblos.