A/U Ranches Bible Study Program
11/01/2018 - 11/05/2018
18325 County Road 366
Buena Vista, Colorado 81211
2018 Topic: God Giveth Us the Victory
“. . .thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ” (I Cor. 15:57), Paul writes to the church in Corinth. He also comments that “the weapons of our warfare are not carnal” (II Cor. 10:4). Are we not prompted to ponder the nature of a war that does not require material weapons, nor does it demand that we wrestle against flesh and blood (see Eph. 6:12)? Join us next fall, November 2018, for a deeper study of this “divine method of warfare” (S&H 568:6), as outlined in the Bible and Mary Baker Eddy’s writings. Our discussion will cover several narratives in both the Old and New Testaments which develop our theme and reveal how, with God, we can expect complete victory over any challenge that might confront us.
A few of the questions we will explore:
- What is our spiritual means of defense?
- What is the significance of the “whole armour of God,” described in Ephesians?
- Over what do we become victorious?
- How does the Bible define the “enemy,” and how do we not make too much or too little of it?
- How does Jesus answer the disciples’ question: “what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world” (Matt. 24:3)?