7 Churches of Revelation (3-Part, Call-in, Live Talk Series)
March 6 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am$60
February 20, 27, and March 6
“What the Spirit saith unto the churches” (Revelation 2:7)
How can the healing mission of church be defended today? Thirty years after Paul’s ministry, the early Christian church fell into dark, threatening times. Members were overwhelmed by apathy, laxity of standards, paganism, and the temptation to compromise the teachings of the Founder. The book of Revelation, written to church, contains a profound universal and timeless message revealing how church can survive through unity under the Founder’s teachings.
Join us for a 3-part, 6-hour series on the letters to the Seven Churches found in Revelation, chapters 2 and 3. We will consider these individual messages or letters in their historical settings and search for a deeper understanding of the divine purpose for church. Finally, we will look at the challenges these first century churches faced, see if any parallels exist today in our own church experience, and discover in these messages what spiritual solutions are available to those challenges.
Some questions that we will explore:
- Why is there a moral urgency about the letters?
- What is the pattern within the seven letters to church?
- What pressure or hostile forces are threatening congregational life then and today?
- How can church stay alert to deceptive pagan allurements?
- Why does the Founder use the word “overcome” in each letter?
In addition to reading Revelation, chapters 2 and 3, please read the following Seven Messages to The Mother Church, by Mary Baker Eddy:
- Message to The Mother Church, January 2, 1898 – “Communion”
(First Church of Christ, Scientist, and Miscellany, pp. 121-124.)
- Message to The Mother Church, June 1898 – “Pastor’s Message to The Mother Church, on the Occasion of the June Communion, 1898”
(Christian Science versus Pantheism)
- Message to The Mother Church, June 4, 1899 – “Communion”
(First Church of Christ, Scientist, and Miscellany, pp. 124-131.)
- Message to The Mother Church, June 1900
- Message to The Mother Church, June 1901
- Message to The Mother Church, June 1902
- Message to The Mother Church, June 10, 1906 – “Choose Ye”
(First Church of Christ, Scientist, and Miscellany, pp. 3-6.)
Included in the series
PowerPoint slides will be screen shared via Zoom during each presentation.
Downloadable handouts will include study questions, generalities of the churches and a chart to be filled during the talks, and maps of the sites of the seven churches.
Dates and Times (Central Time)
Saturday, February 20, 2021 – 9:30-11:30 a.m. CT
Saturday, February 27, 2021 – 9:30-11:30 a.m. CT
Saturday, March 6, 2021 – 9:30-11:30 a.m. CT
Start time per time zone:
Eastern time: 10:30 a.m.
Central time: 9:30 a.m.
Mountain time (includes Denver and Phoenix): 8:30 a.m.
Pacific time: 7:30 a.m.
Alaska time: 6:30 a.m.
$60 (members of Biblos Foundation will receive 10% off – to receive this discount, members must be logged in)
*NOTE: scroll down to add a ticket to your cart, and please purchase the number of tickets for the number of people calling in
The sessions will be offered via Zoom and Vast Conference calling. The day prior to each talk, access information (unique to each talk) will be emailed to all registered participants.
To register for these sessions (one ticket per attendee), see “TICKETS” below.
We hope you will join us for this in-depth look at these letters and discover their relevance to our church today.
Kristy L. Christian